Time & Location
About the Event
Incident Investigation still constitutes one of the most powerful tools for organisational learning.
Many organisations have achieved substantial improvements in both their business and safety performance in recent years. Even though incident rates have been lowered, the opportunity for deeper learning and challenging of prevailing assumptions to a large extent still remains anchored in the ability to adequately investigate incidents.
Harvesting the learning potential from such occurrences, however, remains a challenge and many reports remain stuck in proximal details of the latest incident combined with judgments of human performance, rather than explanations for why actions and assessments made sense at the time.
This three-day course is designed to address exactly that. Combining a total of more than three decades of industry experience with the most prominent thinking in contemporary safety science, this course will enable participants to move beyond human error and identify deeper levels of organisational behaviour that shaped individual performance.
Rather than focusing on methodology, the course applies theory, case studies and exercises to take participants through a reflection and discovery process, that provides a different way of understanding incidents.
Completion of the course will provide participants with:
- Clear recognition that people are the solution to problems, rather than the source of these.
- Understanding of the incident management process including roles & responsibilities
- The generic steps that apply for all Incident Investigations.
- Skills to lead, conduct or contribute to an incident investigation, including:
- Gathering data, how to prioritise their collection and how to conduct interviews. Analysing data and draw conclusions. Issuing adequate recommendations. Avoiding common traps in reporting
- Ability to identify the deeper systemic challenges, that underlie erroneous performance of individuals by applying simple, yet effective, models derived from the most prominent thinkers in safety science (Dekker, Hollnagel, Woods, Cook, Reason).
- Audience This course is intended for everyone who is involved in the management or investigation of safety or quality related incidents. Hence, Managers of safety critical operations & projects, Incident Investigators or persons who otherwise contribute to or are recipients of incident investigation, will equally benefit from this training.
You can download the course-flyer here or from the top-bar of this homepage!
For Questions and signup please mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course admission€1,550€1,5500€0